Terms & Conditions
- Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to hire any unit, or to occupy any unit unless accompanied by an adult who shall be responsible for them.
- A deposit equal to one third of the hire charge is payable on booking. The balance is payable not less than eight weeks before arrival. In the event of cancellation, every effort will be made to re-let the accommodation, and if successful, the deposit (and subsequent payment, if already made) will be refunded less any expenses incurred by the company. If the company does not succeed in re-letting the accommodation, the hirer will be liable for the full hire charge. Hirers are strongly advised, in their own interest, to insure against cancellation due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Except by special arrangement with the company, hirers may take possession of their accommodation after 4pm on the arrival date, and should vacate the accommodation by 10am on the departure date. Hirers delayed en route are asked, in their own interest, to advise the company by telephone as soon as possible.
- Unless prior notice of late arrival has been given and acknowledged, the company reserves the right to re-let the accommodation if the hirer has not taken possession of the accommodation by 12 noon on the day following the arrival date.
- The accommodation must not be sub-let, and except by special arrangement with the company, only the persons listed on the booking form may occupy the accommodation overnight. IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES may the accommodation be used for sleeping more than the maximum number of persons stated. A baby counts as a person.
- Hirers are responsible for keeping the accommodation and its equipment clean during their occupation, and for handing it back in like condition on vacating.
- A deposit of £50 is charged on arrival. Cash deposits will be returned during the week following departure on the condition that the accommodation has been left as found (i.e. Clean and tidy with nothing broken or missing). Damage or breakages must be reported immediately and paid for on demand. Lost or damaged articles should not be replaced, but should be paid for before leaving. If accommodation is left in a condition such that additional cleaning or washing up is required, a charge will be retained from the deposit. Cheques and credit card slips will not be returned but will be destroyed after the unit has been checked. In the absence of a card imprint being provided on arrival I/We authorise a debit to my card account for the amount of any loss or damage, subject to an advice being provided.
- No gas or paraffin stoves are to be used in any unit. In no circumstances are cookers to be used for space heating.
- Hirers accept full responsibility for their own personal property. Lost property is retained for three months and is then disposed of at the company’s discretion.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the booking of those persons either behaving in a manner or being responsible for others behaving in a manner which is likely to cause offence or annoyance to other hirers/visitors. No refund will be given.
- During extreme weather conditions water supplies to some units may be unavailable. Alternative supplies/facilities will be available in the pool changing rooms. Where conditions are beyond our control refunds/reductions will not be made.
- The company regrets that it cannot accept responsibility to pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected by reason of circumstances which amount to “force majeure”. Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such circumstances include destruction or damage of your accommodation (which cannot reasonably be remedied to a satisfactory standard before the start of your holiday) through fire, flood, explosion, storm or other weather damage, break-in, criminal damage or similar event. Such circumstances also include riots or civil strife, industrial action, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, war or threat of war, actual or threatened terrorist activity and all similar situations beyond our control. 13. Your vehicle and their accessories and contents are left entirely at your own risk. Speyside Highland Leisure Ltd will not be responsible for any loss or damage from or to any vehicle from any cause whatsoever. Please pay attention to parking notices and regulations displayed throughout the park.
- Pets are prohibited. Animals can only be accepted on the park with the specific permission of Speyside Highland Leisure Ltd
- Speed: A speed limit of 10 Mph applies throughout the park. Please drive very carefully and always be on the alert for young children. The park is a “public place” and so the same regulations that apply to the highways apply equally in the park.
- Noise: Noise must be kept to a sensible level, local to your unit. Radios, TVs and music players must be turned down to levels that are not audible by your neighbours between the hours of 11pm and 8am.
- Sports Facilities: Rules pertaining to the use of the sports facilities, and adherence to these rules is a condition of entry to the facilities.
- Fishing: Fishing by permit only. Details are available from reception.
- Barbecues: Single use barbecues may only be used if they are raised from the ground. All barbecues should be placed at a sensible distance downwind from the accommodation and consideration should be given to other holidaymakers so that they are not affected by smoke. Barbecues must not be used on verandahs.
- Litter: Litter must only be disposed of in the bins provided at each unit.
- Firearms: Firearms and all like equipment sporting or otherwise, are expressly prohibited from the park. This includes (but is not restricted to) air guns, shotguns, rifles, catapults, crossbows, archery bows and missiles of any kind.
- Children: For their own safety children should be encouraged to play in the designated play areas and be kept off the roadways.
- River: The River Spey is an attraction of the park, but is also dangerous, especially with regard to children. Parents must accompany their children at all times.
- Accidents: Any accident must be reported to reception or duty warden.
Please understand that the above rules are for your benefit and will help ensure that everyone who comes to Speyside Leisure Park will enjoy a safe and carefree holiday. To this end, if you have any suggestions for improvements, or have any other observations to make, please ask at reception to speak with our Managing Director.
Speyside Highland Leisure Ltd strongly advises you to take out Personal Holiday Insurance to protect yourself against unavoidable cancellation of your holiday. The company will not refund deposits or full payments unless we have been able to re-let the accommodation. In the event of cancellations. a nominal administration charge will also be levied.
Speyside Highland Leisure Ltd or its employees cannot accept any liability for any theft, damage, accident, injury, death or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by any person(s), hirers or otherwise, from any cause whatsoever whilst within the park, its chalets, caravans, cabins, boats, gymnasium, childrens’ play areas and other property or whilst engaged in boating, swimming, fishing, gymnastic or other activities within the park whether same be caused or contributed to by any negligence or default on the part of Speyside Highland Leisure Ltd and/or its servants or agents.
Each of the clauses of these terms and conditions and every part hereof shall be separate and severable to the extent that if one clause or part thereof shall be held by any court to be unenforceable the other clauses or parts thereof shall still be effective.